27th February, 1030 to 1200. This 1.5 hour Webinar will look at 5 key legal issues for organisations that involve volunteers:
- The key legal differences between a volunteer, an employee and an independent contractor.
- Understand your organisation’s legal obligations, and potential liability, for the safety of its volunteers.
- Understand the legal situation if a volunteer injures or causes harm to a third party – can your organisation be liable?
- How ‘workplace behaviour laws’ (discrimination, sexual harassment, bullying), apply to volunteers and the potential vicarious liability of the your organisation.
- The appropriate insurance cover for volunteers.
The event is hosted by the NSW Centre for Volunteering and presented by Justice Connect.
Justice Connect have expertise in volunteer law and have previously run workshops in conjunction with the Volunteer Support Services Programme in 2016 and 2017.