Webinar on legal issues and volunteers
- by Volunteer Hub
- January 31, 2018
27th February, 1030 to 1200. This 1.5 hour Webinar will look at 5 key legal issues for organisations that involve volunteers:
- The key legal differences between a volunteer, an employee and an independent contractor.
- Understand your organisation’s legal obligations, and potential liability, for the safety of its volunteers.
- Understand the legal situation if a volunteer injures or causes harm to a third party – can your organisation be liable?
- How ‘workplace behaviour laws’ (discrimination, sexual harassment, bullying), apply to volunteers and the potential vicarious liability of the your organisation.
- The appropriate insurance cover for volunteers.
The event is hosted by the NSW Centre for Volunteering and presented by Justice Connect.
Justice Connect have expertise in volunteer law and have previously run workshops in conjunction with the Volunteer Support Services Programme in 2016 and 2017.
- MAY 27, 2022
- 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
PCNSW Education Day 2022
We are thrilled to be holding our first Education Day since 2019. Please jo...Read more
- JUNE 8, 2022
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
NSW Network of Managers of Palliative Care Volunteer Services
The role of the Network is to ensure best practice for NSW Managers of Pall...Read more
- JUNE 20 - JUNE 21, 2022
- 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Volunteer Manager Conference 2022
The NSW Network of Managers of Palliative Care Volunteers and the Volunteer...Read more
Become a member of Palliative Care NSW
Palliative Care New South Wales is the peak body in NSW representing palliative care providers and those with an interest in palliative care. Palliative Care New South Wales is a member of the national peak body Palliative Care Australia.
Join today and receive discounts, benefits and more!
Special member rate available for volunteers.
Subscribe to our eNews
Be the first to know our latest new, events, and research!SUBSCRIBE TO ENEWS