29th August. Does your community organisation engage volunteers? Do you know the legal differences between paid and unpaid workers? This session provides essential training for anyone in a position of managing or co-ordinating volunteers. Topics covered will include:
- The key legal differences between a volunteer, an employee and an independent contractor (and other ‘statuses’ like work for the dole participants, mutual obligation volunteering, internships etc.).
- The volunteer selection process and anti-discrimination laws
- The importance of volunteer screening and background checks
- The ‘duty of care’ an organisation owes to and for its volunteers
- Volunteers and risk management
- The importance of volunteer insurance
- Reimbursing or paying volunteers
- Volunteers’ personal information and privacy
- Reviewing volunteer performance and having difficult conversations
- Ending the volunteer relationship
This one day workshop is offered by the NSW Centre for Volunteering. Click here for more information.