Managing Volunteers – Understanding the Legal Issues Workshop
- by Volunteer Hub
- August 9, 2017
29th August. Does your community organisation engage volunteers? Do you know the legal differences between paid and unpaid workers? This session provides essential training for anyone in a position of managing or co-ordinating volunteers. Topics covered will include:
- The key legal differences between a volunteer, an employee and an independent contractor (and other ‘statuses’ like work for the dole participants, mutual obligation volunteering, internships etc.).
- The volunteer selection process and anti-discrimination laws
- The importance of volunteer screening and background checks
- The ‘duty of care’ an organisation owes to and for its volunteers
- Volunteers and risk management
- The importance of volunteer insurance
- Reimbursing or paying volunteers
- Volunteers’ personal information and privacy
- Reviewing volunteer performance and having difficult conversations
- Ending the volunteer relationship
This one day workshop is offered by the NSW Centre for Volunteering. Click here for more information.
- DECEMBER 7, 2023
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
NSW Network of Managers of Palliative Care Volunteer Services – December meeting & Christmas lunch
The role of the Network is to ensure best practice for NSW Managers of Pall...Read more
Become a member of Palliative Care NSW
Palliative Care New South Wales is the peak body in NSW representing palliative care providers and those with an interest in palliative care. Palliative Care New South Wales is a member of the national peak body Palliative Care Australia.
Join today and receive discounts, benefits and more!
Special member rate available for volunteers.
Subscribe to our eNews
Be the first to know our latest new, events, and research!SUBSCRIBE TO ENEWS