Justice Connect helps people and community groups get the legal help they need. They are very active in the not-for-profit sector, particularly in relation to helpful resources to make volunteer recruitment and managing safe and simple.
They offer a very comprehensive range of resources that include:
- The National Volunteer Guide, that covers issues such as
- Understanding the legal differences between a volunteer, employee and independent contractor
- Understanding your organisation’s legal obligations in relation to the safety of its volunteers
- Protecting volunteers and other people your volunteers are interacting with from unlawful workplace behaviour
- Recruiting, inducting, managing performance and ending the volunteer relationship, and
- Organisational issues applicable to volunteers.
- The National Volunteer App, to work in conjunction with the guide
- e-learning modules, and more.
There’s also very comprehensive information on recruiting volunteers and managing return-to-work volunteers during COVID-19.
Visit Justice Connect website to access these resources.