Volunteers needed at the Oceanic Palliative Care Conference 2023
- by Kate Bowman
- July 25, 2023
The Oceanic Palliative Care Conference 2023 will be held at the ICC in Sydney from the 13th to the 15th September. Presented by Palliative Care Australia, this international conference draws together amazing keynote speakers and delegates from all around our region. Registrations are now open and the full conference program is now available.
To facilitate the smooth running of the conference, we are looking for a team of volunteers to help with wayfinding and other general tasks. As incentive, for each full day of volunteering you engage in, you are offered one full day conference registration.
If you think you might be interested, please read the following information carefully and express your interest by 5pm on Friday 11 August.
Volunteers must commit to a MINIMUM of TWO shifts
- Volunteers will receive a free day registration for each full day of volunteering. For example: Volunteers can work two morning shifts and be able to attend both the afternoons of those days, OR e.g.: work the full day Wednesday and receive a registration for all day Friday.
- Volunteers will get the chance to listen to many of the sessions while working, however they will need to complete the tasks they are directed to do before participating in conference sessions.
- Palliative Care Australia will provide catering for all volunteers.
- Volunteers should wear all black and comfortable shoes
- All volunteers should be able to speak English confidently
- Volunteers may be asked to wear a conference t-shirt, vest, or other identifying clothing item.
Morning shift: 7:30am – 1:30pm (6 hours)
Afternoon shift: 1pm – 7pm (6 hours)
Our preference would be for volunteers to complete 2 shifts (10-11 hours total) across Wednesday or Thursday of the conference to receive a full day registration.
Do 3 shifts to get a full conference registration package (all events).
Yes, you can volunteer in the morning and attend the afternoon sessions as a delegate, or vice versa, however you cannot transfer that half day registration to another day.
Tasks might include:
- Directing delegates to their next location. For example, standing outside of rooms on Level 4 and showing delegates the program, showing them which room to go to based on their session preference or directing delegates to the right floor (moving from Level 2, to Level 4) via the elevator or escalators.
- Directing delegates to where the table of food for people with dietary requirements may be located.
- Counting how many delegates are in the room during the middle of each concurrent session.
- Helping the event team set up for night time events, for example: laying out name tags, placing signage on tables, checking seat allocations, etc
- Helping answer general questions such as how to download the conference app, how to connect to the venue Wi-Fi, where is the first aid office, etc
- Other general tasks as required by Event Management.
If you would like to volunteer please click here and fill in this expression of interest form.
- DECEMBER 7, 2023
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
NSW Network of Managers of Palliative Care Volunteer Services – December meeting & Christmas lunch
The role of the Network is to ensure best practice for NSW Managers of Pall...Read more
Become a member of Palliative Care NSW
Palliative Care New South Wales is the peak body in NSW representing palliative care providers and those with an interest in palliative care. Palliative Care New South Wales is a member of the national peak body Palliative Care Australia.
Join today and receive discounts, benefits and more!
Special member rate available for volunteers.
Subscribe to our eNews
Be the first to know our latest new, events, and research!SUBSCRIBE TO ENEWS