Annual PCA art competition now open
- by Kate Bowman
- July 31, 2020
Get your paintbrush, sculpting clay, or camera ready because Palliative Care Australia’s (PCA) annual art competition is back again. PCA’s art competition aims to raise awareness in the community about palliative care, end-of-life care, death and bereavement.
This year’s theme “Palliative Care… It’s more than you think!” aims to challenge common misconceptions about palliative care. Artists are encouraged to think beyond the care provided at the very end of life, and instead focus on how palliative care can improve quality of life, helping people participate in activities that are important to them, and creating opportunities for love, laughter, creativity, and fulfilment.
There are many prizes on offer including:
- Overall Winner’s Award: $1,000 prize money
- People’s Choice Award: $500 prize money
- Young Artist Award for artists under 18: $200 prize money
- Emerging Artist Award, for new and aspiring artists: $200 prize money
Judges will decide winners based on:
- A high-resolution photograph of the artwork – so please make sure the photo of your artwork is clear enough to see the detail of your work.
- The description of how your artwork fits with the theme ‘Palliative Care… It’s more than you think!’ (max. 100 words).
Submissions are open until midnight on Tuesday, 15 September 2020.
To submit your entry, browse this year’s gallery, or to view entries from previous competition, please click here.
- DECEMBER 7, 2023
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
NSW Network of Managers of Palliative Care Volunteer Services – December meeting & Christmas lunch
The role of the Network is to ensure best practice for NSW Managers of Pall...Read more
Become a member of Palliative Care NSW
Palliative Care New South Wales is the peak body in NSW representing palliative care providers and those with an interest in palliative care. Palliative Care New South Wales is a member of the national peak body Palliative Care Australia.
Join today and receive discounts, benefits and more!
Special member rate available for volunteers.
Subscribe to our eNews
Be the first to know our latest new, events, and research!SUBSCRIBE TO ENEWS