4th OR 5th April (one day workshop), Dubbo.
This one-day interactive workshop aims to develop the knowledge and skills of human services workers in rural areas to effectively support people who are distressed. The course is mainly for those who are not trained counsellors and who are not in counselling roles, however frequently find themselves having to use counselling skills due to the nature of their roles in drought-affected communities.
- Participants will be given opportunity to:
- Explore the overlap between their key work responsibilities and “accidental”
- Explore the influence of personal values on the communication process
- Explore the importance of empathetic response to support distress regulation
- Explore the brains functioning when stressed and identify strategies to support someone who is distressed.
Supported by NALAG NSW’s Our Shout Program and West Dubbo Rotary.
When: 4th or 5th April 2019, 9:30am-4:30pm (This one-day workshop is being held twice. You will choose which day to attend)
Where: NALAG Dubbo, Welchman Street ,DUBBO
Register online at: www.nalag.org.au/accidental or phone Shelley on 02 6882 9222. Registration closes 5pm Tues 2 April 2019
Dowload the Flyer: Click here for more information and to download the flyer.