Volunteer Grants aim to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers as well as to encourage and increase participation in volunteering. The grants provide small amounts of money that organisations and community groups can use to help their volunteers.
The objectives of Volunteer Grants are to:
- help community organisations to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers
- help community organisations to support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering
- encourage, support and increase participation in volunteering.
The intended outcome of the program is to strengthen community functioning by increasing participation in volunteering.
The Australian Government is inviting organisations via a closed non-competitive process to apply for a Volunteer Grant under the Families and Communities Program – Volunteer Grants Activity in 2019-2020.
Small grants of between $1000 and $5000 are available for local not-for-profit community organisations.
This funding can be used to:
- purchase eligible small equipment items for use by volunteers
- contribute to volunteers’ fuel costs
- contribute to transport costs for volunteers with disability who are unable to drive
- assist with the costs of training courses for volunteers
- undertake background screening checks for volunteers
Applications close April 6.
To check your eligibility, and to understand the application process, please click here for more information.