Volunteer grants now available
- by Kate Bowman
- January 21, 2020
Volunteer Grants aim to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers as well as to encourage and increase participation in volunteering. The grants provide small amounts of money that organisations and community groups can use to help their volunteers.
The objectives of Volunteer Grants are to:
- help community organisations to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers
- help community organisations to support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering
- encourage, support and increase participation in volunteering.
The intended outcome of the program is to strengthen community functioning by increasing participation in volunteering.
The Australian Government is inviting organisations via a closed non-competitive process to apply for a Volunteer Grant under the Families and Communities Program – Volunteer Grants Activity in 2019-2020.
Small grants of between $1000 and $5000 are available for local not-for-profit community organisations.
This funding can be used to:
- purchase eligible small equipment items for use by volunteers
- contribute to volunteers’ fuel costs
- contribute to transport costs for volunteers with disability who are unable to drive
- assist with the costs of training courses for volunteers
- undertake background screening checks for volunteers
Applications close April 6.
To check your eligibility, and to understand the application process, please click here for more information.
- DECEMBER 7, 2023
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
NSW Network of Managers of Palliative Care Volunteer Services – December meeting & Christmas lunch
The role of the Network is to ensure best practice for NSW Managers of Pall...Read more
Become a member of Palliative Care NSW
Palliative Care New South Wales is the peak body in NSW representing palliative care providers and those with an interest in palliative care. Palliative Care New South Wales is a member of the national peak body Palliative Care Australia.
Join today and receive discounts, benefits and more!
Special member rate available for volunteers.
Subscribe to our eNews
Be the first to know our latest new, events, and research!SUBSCRIBE TO ENEWS