Palliative Care Volunteers attend NSW Premier’s Volunteer Reception
- by Maria Lopez
- December 10, 2022
On Friday 9 of December a thank-you event to recognise and celebrate the passionate volunteers who are a source of vitality, strength and community spirit across NSW was hosted at the Yallamundi Rooms, Sydney Opera House by the NSW Premier, Dominic Perrottet MP.
Every day in communities across NSW, millions of extraordinary people volunteer their time and talents in ways that often go unseen and uncelebrated, changing lives for the better, and strengthening our State as a whole, that is indeed the case of our Palliative Care volunteers.
The event was a way of appreciation to volunteers for all the time, effort and passion they bring in serving the community and was timed to occur in the same week as International Volunteers Day.
Palliative Care volunteers were represented by (above photo L-R):
- Michael Ryan from Sacred Heart Biography Service
- Christine Cox-Randle from HammondCare Greenwich Hospital
- Mary Azar from Sydney Children’s Hospital Network
- Robyn Lewis from Supportive and Palliative Care Nepean/Hawkesbury Service
- Murray Sharp from Bear Cottage
- Janet Perry from South Western Sydney LHD Palliative Care Volunteer Service
- Barbara Chapman from South Western Sydney LHD Palliative Care Volunteer Service
- Arlene Roache South Western Sydney LHD District Palliative Care Volunteer Coordinator
- DECEMBER 7, 2023
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
NSW Network of Managers of Palliative Care Volunteer Services – December meeting & Christmas lunch
The role of the Network is to ensure best practice for NSW Managers of Pall...Read more
Become a member of Palliative Care NSW
Palliative Care New South Wales is the peak body in NSW representing palliative care providers and those with an interest in palliative care. Palliative Care New South Wales is a member of the national peak body Palliative Care Australia.
Join today and receive discounts, benefits and more!
Special member rate available for volunteers.
Subscribe to our eNews
Be the first to know our latest new, events, and research!SUBSCRIBE TO ENEWS