National Palliative Care Awards
- by colin
- July 10, 2019
Palliative Care Australia’s National Palliative Care Awards are aimed at recognising innovation, teamwork and emerging talent in the palliative care sector. The awards reward the efforts of those who support and care for people who are dying through public recognition of organisations and individuals who provide support and care to those people.
With a prize pool of $18,000 it’s a fantastic opportunity for you to get some professional development money!
Individuals can win $2000 to be spent on professional development plus free registration to the Oceanic Palliative Care Conference in 2021.
All the award details and online nomination form is at https://palliativecare.org.au/awards
Award: Outstanding achievement by a volunteer
Volunteers mean the world to us. This award recognises the exceptional contribution of a volunteer in improving the experience of a patient/s with Palliative Care needs or their family. Palliative Care Australia is proud to recognise those who selflessly and generously volunteer their time and skills to look after others, without asking for recognition or expecting anything in return.
Nominations in this category are judged on the following:
- Commitment: how this volunteer has demonstrated considerable commitment in terms of responsibility assumed and how his/her responsibilities have increased over time;
- Impact: how this volunteer has made a notable impact while serving patients and families;
- Personal Growth: How the nominee has grown personally through his/her volunteer work and how that has been demonstrated using specific examples.
- Inspiration to others: How this nominee has served as an inspiration to fellow volunteers and the palliative care organisation
- The nominee must have been a volunteer more than 24 months
- MAY 27, 2022
- 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
PCNSW Education Day 2022
We are thrilled to be holding our first Education Day since 2019. Please jo...Read more
- JUNE 8, 2022
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
NSW Network of Managers of Palliative Care Volunteer Services
The role of the Network is to ensure best practice for NSW Managers of Pall...Read more
- JUNE 20 - JUNE 21, 2022
- 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Volunteer Manager Conference 2022
The NSW Network of Managers of Palliative Care Volunteers and the Volunteer...Read more
Become a member of Palliative Care NSW
Palliative Care New South Wales is the peak body in NSW representing palliative care providers and those with an interest in palliative care. Palliative Care New South Wales is a member of the national peak body Palliative Care Australia.
Join today and receive discounts, benefits and more!
Special member rate available for volunteers.
Subscribe to our eNews
Be the first to know our latest new, events, and research!SUBSCRIBE TO ENEWS