Would you like to understand more about palliative and end-of-life care options in Goulburn and Queanbeyan?
Palliative Care NSW are seeking to facilitate the development of a community-based Palliative Care Volunteer Service partnership in your area. Partnerships are between local community organisations and the NSW Health specialist palliative care/community nurses in the district.
A community-based palliative care volunteer service should reflect the needs and wishes its community.
For this reason we are seeking to incorporate local input, to assist us in the design of any future Palliative Care Volunteer Service in your area.
We need YOU to be part of your Community’s Vision for a Palliative Care Volunteer Service in your district.
Come along to our community vision workshops and have your ideas help shape the future of this service.
|Queanbeyan||Queanbeyan Hospital – Level 2 conference room||Corner of Erin Street and Collett Street, Queanbeyan||Wednesday 12/02/20||3.30 to 5.00 pm|
|Goulburn||Bourke St Health Service – Day Centre||234 Bourke street, Goulburn||Thursday 13/02/20||3.30 to 5.00 pm|
The Community Vision Workshop is designed to:
- Promote understanding of palliative and end-of-life care in the community setting
- Generate understanding about community embedded palliative care volunteer services
- Gather input about what a palliative care volunteer service should deliver in the region
- Create a community specific vision for a palliative care volunteer service within each district
- Access community experiences of end-of-life care in the region
- Stimulate interest from potential partner host organisations, volunteer managers or potential volunteers
- And create connections between a wide range of stakeholders.
Please RSVP before Monday February 10 and tell us which workshop you will be attending by emailing email@example.com.
Refreshments provided. We look forward to meeting you there.