The Community Palliative Care Volunteer Coordinator will function as a member of the FWLHD Specialist Palliative Care Team, and as member of the broader multidisciplinary team.
The position will work in collaboration with the Director Cancer & Palliative Care Services and FWLHD Volunteer Manager to develop and lead the coordination of Community Specialist Palliative Care Volunteer Services, ensuring that the planning, organisation and scheduling of volunteer services supports the facilitation of quality services.
Selection criteria include:
- Demonstrated experience in, or in depth understanding of palliative care principals, philosophy, and service provision, and the role of the volunteer in this setting.
- Previous work with volunteers and/ or knowledge and understanding of the scope of practice of volunteer services within a healthcare setting and the broader community.
- Demonstrated ability to provide education, training and supervision.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal/communication skills, excellent written communication skills, computer skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated self-management, organisational and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail.
- Current drivers license (Class C)